Sunday, October 21, 2007

# 19 cruising around web 2.0 tools

Wow! I found a really cool game called GUESS-THE-GOOGLE which I really enjoyed playing and so I ended up getting a little off the point for some time. This is surely a good way to waste time!

http://grant.robinson.name/projects/guess-the-google

After feeling a little guilty I thought I had better do something more worthwhile and so I played around in Google Doc to see how it compares with Zoho. I have to say I found Zoho more user friendly. I also noticed that Google actually has many applications similar to several of the ones we have been introduced to as part of this course.

docs.google.com

Create and collaborate on files of every kind. See who edited which documents and when.

As for usefulness in the library, well the games....no (but fun), docs.google.com.....maybe, but there are others on the list which would be relevant such as:

www.librarything.com as the most relevant

1 comment:

Yarra Plenty Library Regional Library said...

I'm using google docs to monitor your progress on the tracking log. It is good because it can be published as a webpage and so everytime I update the spreadsheet through google docs, it automatically updates the webpage for me.
Very clever

Lynette